Please ensure you have read and understood these Terms and Conditions before you make a booking. By booking a place on a truffle dog training lesson or workshop you are deemed to have read, understood and accepted them. Completion of the booking process and acceptance of our terms and conditions forms your contract with The English Truffle Company.
Agreement on the basis these terms & conditions arise upon the fulfilment of all of the following: receipt by The English Truffle Company of a completed booking accompanied by the payment specified; clearance of the payment into The English Truffle Company’s bank account; acceptance by The English Truffle Company in writing.
The English Truffle Company reserves the right, in its absolute discretion and without the need to give reasons, to refuse to accept a booking. In such circumstances no agreement arises and The English Truffle Company will return any payment accompanying the booking. The agreement is between The English Truffle Company and the client(s) and is the sole agreement between those parties. No variation of these terms & conditions shall be applicable unless agreed in writing by The English Truffle Company before the relevant event.
The person making the booking shall be deemed to book for his / herself and as agent for all other persons they are booking for and warrants that he /she is appointed agent for that purpose. The agreement is governed by English law.
Places are generally paid in full at the time of booking. Where a deposit is taken, the balance of the fee must be paid in full by the date specified or if no date is specified, no later than four weeks before the event. If not so paid, The English Truffle Company reserves the right to treat the agreement as cancelled by the client(s) pursuant to clause 3, below and the deposit will be forfeited.
3. Cancellation by client(s)
Cancellations must be made by email. If the booking is cancelled by the client(s) (for any reason) the following cancellation charge will arise:
- Cancellation 2 weeks or more before the event – 50% of event fee payable
- Cancellation less than 2 weeks before the event – 100% of event fee payable
We may use our discretion depending upon the circumstances.
And the client acknowledges that it is reasonable for such penalties to arise, given the need for The English Truffle Company to make preparations for an event substantially in advance of the event.
4. Cancellation by The English Truffle Company
In the event that The English Truffle Company cancels an event, all monies will be refunded in full, or if preferred, transferred as a deposit or payment for another event. No compensation can be provided for any loss incurred due to such things as pre-booked accommodation or transport.
5. Lesson and Workshop Conduct
- All dogs must be kept under control and on a lead, unless specifically requested by your instructor. You are responsible for the conduct of your dog at all times.
- Owners are expected to clean up after their dogs in and around the training venue. Please ensure you attend suitably prepared with poo bags to clean up any dog mess. If a bin is not provided, please remove all used poo bags and do not leave these at the training venue or in the car park.
- Please do not bring your dog to a lesson / workshop if any of the below apply. If you are unsure about attending, do not hesitate to contact us or speak with your vet.
- It is in an unfit state of health due to illness, disease or injury.
- They have been in contact with an infectious disease, such as kennel cough or conjunctivitis.
- It has sickness or diarrhoea.
- It is not fully vaccinated.
- They are a bitch in season.
- They have severe behavioural problems including aggression.
- All training techniques used by The English Truffle Company are kind, fair and reward based. Harsh handling is not permitted in our lessons / workshops and is strongly discouraged at any other time. Choke chains, check chains, prong collars, lead jerking, shouting or smacking are not permitted.
- Family members may also attend lessons and workshops.
- For them to attend a lesson is free of charge.
- For them to attend a workshop requires paying the appropriate fee.
- One person should be responsible for handling the dog.
- Young children may not find the training exciting and under 5s should be accompanied by a second adult to enable one adult to concentrate on the child and the other with the training.
- Under 16s must be accompanied by an adult and should not attend on their own.
- We reserve the right to ask any attendee to leave if they are disruptive or rude to others in the workshop. Any fee paid will not be refundable.
- We reserve the right to ask for a dog and owner to leave the workshop if the safety of the other owners and dogs are in conflict. Any fee paid will not be refundable.
- Any accidents or issues involving a person or a dog must be reported immediately to the trainer.
- Owners must accept that dog training is not without risk therefore participation in training is at the owner’s risk. The English Truffle Company will not accept responsibility for any loss, injury or damage to any persons, or dogs attending a lesson / workshop, or to their property howsoever caused during the provision of dog training activities.
- Owners are advised to have appropriate pet insurance cover that includes third party liability insurance. The English Truffle Company has public liability and relevant business insurance to run lessons / workshops, providing adequate cover for our business liabilities.
- Cars are parked at their owner’s risk. We do not accept any responsibility for theft or damage to cars whilst at training.
7. Course Materials
Course materials, where relevant, are usually supplied after your course has completed. Follow up emails and course materials are supplied for your personal use and must not be copied or forwarded without permission.
8. Subsequent Instruction By Client
You are not permitted to use any of the materials, methods and knowledge gained in our lessons / workshops to provide truffle dog training on a commercial basis at any point in the future.
9. Photo Release
The client allows and consents for them and / or their dog to be photographed, videotaped, and/or used in any media or advertising by The English Truffle Company without prior approval. All such photographs and videos etc. are the property of The English Truffle Company. If you do not wish any media content of you or your dog to be used, you will need to notify us in writing within 5 working days of the activity.
In the unlikely event that a client has cause for complaint about an English Truffle Company event, complaint should be made to a representative of The English Truffle Company during the event, in order that corrective action can, if necessary, be taken. The client acknowledges that it is unreasonable to take no action during an event but to complain later. However, should a problem not be resolved, complaint should be made in writing within 28 days. To the extent permitted by law The English Truffle Company will not be liable in respect of claims first intimated later than 28 days from the close of the relevant event.