We harvest these fresh Autumn Truffles (Tuber uncinatum) from around September to January or February, the end of the season being determined by the weather. These truffles have a delicious nutty flavour and aroma. The aroma increases through the season as the flesh darkens.
Our black truffles make excellent eating whether sliced or grated raw over simple ingredients such as eggs, pasta, rice, chicken or fish, or when cooked. Our truffles are sustainably harvested from Dorset and Wiltshire woodlands and sent quickly to you - no air-miles here! To ensure you have the freshest possible truffles, we do not hold any stock but will supply them when we next gather any - usually every week. Typically your truffles are with you within 48 hours of harvesting.
We primarily supply truffles direct to the public. Previous customers have included Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall and Hairy Biker, Si King. Our truffles are included in River Cottage Head Chef, Gill Meller's new book, Gather. We also supply a limited number of wholesalers, leading restaurants and pubs. Our trade customer have included The River Cottage Canteens and Hix restaurants. Every truffle sold is fully traceable back to the site where it came from and when it was harvested.
We can also send truffle gift vouchers by email if you would like to give a truffle as a present to be used at the recipient's convenience.
What previous buyers have said
- Just a quick note to say thank you for the truffles. I believe they were the most flavoursome we have ever had.
- Tried them with a large chicken and cognac - It was fab!
- Thank you for a wonderful truffle!
- Just to say thank you so much for accommodating me at such short notice, truffle duly arrived and it is beautiful… I look forward to dealing with you again next year…
- Just a quick note to say that I loved your truffle 🙂 will order again.
- Thank you for a delicious and nutty truffle. My guests really enjoyed it served with beetroot and aged steak!
- Thank you, just had a little shaving on some scallops they were out of this world, best I have ever had.
- Just received the truffles, wow what a smell, they are the strongest English Truffles I have ever smelled. Very pleased.
- Thanks for the truffles they were fantastic and appreciated by all. Can I order some more please?
Show more buyers comments
- Truffles arrived - perfect, brilliant thanks! Are you out this weekend? Would like some more! Have truffled some ripe Brie and cooked up a Madeira reduction spaghettini for now. Will try more tomorrow!
- Great selection, thank you. Just had stroganoff with truffle and a very fine chicken liver parfait which was lifted to a new level with your finds.
- Many thanks for our wonderful truffles and a memorable gourmet food experience, we will be recommending you to our friends and family!
- The Dining Room at TerraVina uses foraged and fresh produce exclusively from Hampshire and Dorset. We were previously unaware of local truffles and were delighted to try Dorset truffles from The English Truffle Company. The quality is magnificent and in the season they make regular appearances on our fine dining menu to customer acclaim. I would recommended them to any restaurant or truffle fan. George Blogg, Executive Chef, Hotel TerraVina.
Buy Fresh English Black Truffles
20/01/17 - The truffles are now very thin on the ground so we have decided to call it a day for the current season. We will next be supplying our truffles in the Autumn. If you are desperate for truffles, we can organise supply of Spanish and Italian Black Winter truffles (Tuber melansporum) at competitive prices. Please contact us for details.
We can also send truffle gift vouchers by email if you would like to give a truffle as a present to be used at the recipient's convenience (subject to availability).