We are running a number of one day truffle dog training workshops around the country. These fun and informative days will give you and your dog an excellent foundation towards finding truffles. The focus of the day will be field-based exercises for you and your dog using truffle scent. There are no pre-requisites for dogs or handlers, attending this workshop, all are welcome.
So attendees can carry on the training in their local environment, handlers will receive a truffle dog training kit, a bottle of truffle oil and extensive notes after the workshop.
Truffle Dog Training Workshop Content
These workshops include:
- Theoretical presentations including scent work and finding truffles.
- Practical sessions where participants start training their dogs to find truffle scent based on our explanations and methods.
Workshops run from 10:00 AM to around 4:30 PM.
Places are limited to 8 dogs plus handlers. Additional family members can attend as spectators but a charge is made. Spectating may not suit children, please see relevant points in our workshop terms and conditions.
Refreshments (tea / coffee etc.) will be provided but you will need to bring your own lunch or go to a nearby shop / café.
Dates and Locations
|6 May 2017||Near Banbury, Oxfordshire||Complete|
|20 May 2017||Near Chichester, West Sussex||Complete|
|15 July 2017||Near Chichester, West Sussex||7 places available|
|19 November 2017||Near Sleaford, Lincolnshire||Date rescheduled. Places available|
We may schedule additional dates and venues if there is sufficient demand - please contact us with your requirements.
We ask you to read our truffle dog training lesson and workshop terms and conditions. In booking a place, you are agreeing to these. Your attention is particularly drawn to the below extracts:
If the booking is cancelled by the client the following cancellation charge will arise:
- Cancellation more than 2 weeks before event – 50% of event fee payable
- Cancellation less than 2 weeks before the event – 100% of event fee payable
Please do not bring your dog to a lesson / workshop if any of the below apply. If you are unsure about attending, do not hesitate to contact us or speak with your vet.
- It is in an unfit state of health due to illness, disease or injury.
- They have been in contact with an infectious disease, such as kennel cough or conjunctivitis.
- It has sickness or diarrhoea.
- It is not fully vaccinated.
- They are a bitch in season.
- They have severe behavioural problems including aggression.
Please pick the appropriate venue/ date as you book. Note spectator places are only for those accompanying dogs and handlers.